Are you organized, energetic and thrive in a fast-paced creative work environment and have a strong administrative background? If this sounds like you – let’s chat!
** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
As the Resource Scheduler at SPIN VFX, you will be responsible for ensuring the optimal utilization of talent across all projects. Working alongside senior management, monitoring and reporting on resource usage, providing resource forecasts and assisting in resource conflict will be among your daily and weekly tasks. Additionally, you will provide a key role in the decision-making process in projecting resources for potential projects and ensuring there is no conflict among active jobs.
You are a professional, business-minded individual with very strong organizational skills and an excellent attention to detail. Being able to learn quickly and understand new workflows is a must in the fast-paced and non-linear craft of visual effects. Proven experience in scheduling complex workflows and inter-related departments is a requirement. A Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is an educational requirement that the successful candidate will possess. A specific MBA specialization is not a prerequisite, however experience in finance, project management, operation management or supply chain management is considered an asset. An in depth experience and knowledge of G-Suite, Databases, and Excel are also considered an asset.
You will spend your days:
● Maintain studio-wide resource utilization overview on a daily basis across all creative departments and ensure this is visible to all senior production staff
● Forecast resource usage for potential projects in conjunction with the bidding producer or senior production staff
● Assist project production managers and producers in creating the initial project plan and determining resource requirements within the project milestone dates
● Conduct weekly meetings with all project producer, heads of cg production / comp and department production managers to review current resource assignments and future tasks to ensure efficiencies are in place and there are no conflicts or concerns
● Provide management with resource utilization and efficiency reports as required
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “VFX Scheduler” in the subject line.