As an VFX/Production and Billing Manager you will be responsible for managing the Master Outsource Database for each show in Production. Your main responsibilities will include liaising with VFX Production on Outsource requirements, reviewing bids and distributing approved bids to our Outsource Producer to initiate the commencement of the work. You will also Liaise with the Finance team, assisting with tracking and creating PO’s and invoices.
Your days will include:
- Managing and maintaining the Master Outsource Database for all shows in house
- Following up with Outsource Vendors on schedule / deliveries, based off dates provided by VFX Production
- Ensuring clarity on deadlines, progress and scope of work updates.
- Following up on tasks or requests where an update is required.
- Coordinating and monitoring multiple projects, tasks and Outsource Vendors effectively.
- Maintaining Shotgrid statuses and notes on Outsource related tasks
- Sharing notes, feedback and approvals to vendors from VFX Production and vice
Invoicing and Purchase Orders:
- Setup of customer and vendor information within billing system (Netsuite)
- Tracking and Validating the outsource bids received for vendor PO creation (amount, currency, delivery milestone and accuracy)
- Developing purchase order and sharing with the vendor upon obtaining internal approvals
- Processing outsource vendor invoices after validating the details with Bid / PO assigned and taking go-ahead from producers to confirm there delivery is approved and the invoice is good for payment processing
- Handling vendor enquiries regarding their payment
- Excellent scheduling and task management skills
- Clear and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A professional and proactive attitude
- Convicted decision making process
- A proclivity for time management and task management
- An ability to establish department morale
- Related project management experience with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A minimum 2-5 years of experience within the VFX, or film production industry
- The ability to liaise and collaborate with artists and producers
- Understanding of visual effects processes including asset development, layout matte painting, animation, FX, lighting, and compositing is considered an asset
- Previous experience with bookkeeping or accounting software
- Working experience with Shotgun (project software) is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Linux, Nuke and /or Filemaker Pro
Experience in the following would be considered an asset, however not mandatory:
- Working experience with Linux & Mac operating systems
- Working experience with Production-related applications: Shotgrid (project management software), Google sheets and/or Filemaker Pro
- Experience in Editing (VFX, broadcast, creative or finishing) is considered an asset.
- Understanding of VFX Editorial & IO workflows
- Understanding of VFX processes including asset development, layout, matte
- painting, animation, fx, lighting, and compositing
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “VFX/Production and Billing Manager” in the subject line.