We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team in our Toronto office. This role will provide support for the infrastructure and applications in our studio, utilizing a mixture of Windows, Mac and Linux workstations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You have an engineering background, developing and delivering solutions using automation, configuration management, and security best practices
- You are familiar with Infrastructure as Code, incorporating automated builds, monitoring, and virtualization.
- You are familiar with monitoring systems, utilizing tools like Zabbix, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog, CollectD, StatsD, DataDog, etc.
- You have hands-on experience with VMWare and VDI
- Your Windows and Linux-Fu is strong, including scripting and troubleshooting.
- You have experience with automation and configuration management (Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper network devices (routers, switches, firewalls)
- You have the people skills required to successfully work with domain experts and interface with clients.
- You have worked in an operational support role with after-hours on-call responsibilities
- You have ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and tools
- Degree or diploma in an IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years working experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior Media & Entertainment / VFX experience
- Experience building and maintaining enterprise workstations and infrastructure with a healthy mix of:
- Linux, Windows, Mac, networking, storage, and virtualization
- Experience with Azure Active Directory, Google Workspace
- Linux Server/Desktop provisioning and configuration management
- Scripting experience with Bash or Powershell
- Experience with AWS/Azure and related orchestration tools
- RHCE, RHCA or MCSE and cloud certifications are an asset.
- Monitoring and alerting with tools like Nagios, New Relic, DataDog and/or Prometheus
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs