We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in our Toronto office. This role will provide 24×7 support for the infrastructure and applications in our studio, utilizing a mixture of Windows, Mac and Linux.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You have an engineering background, developing and delivering solutions using automation, configuration management, and security best practices
- You are familiar with Infrastructure as Code, incorporating automated builds, monitoring, and virtualization.
- You are familiar with monitoring systems, utilizing tools like Zabbix, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog, CollectD, StatsD, DataDog, etc.
- You have hands-on experience with VMWare and VDI
- Experience managing multi-petabyte storage solutions
- Your Windows and Linux Fu is strong, including scripting and troubleshooting.
- You have experience with automation and configuration management (Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- You can take ownership of the technical delivery and work effectively with our business partners to craft solutions for real business problems.
- You are opinionated about what core engineering values look like and mentor and advocate for good design.
- You have the people skills required to successfully work with domain experts and interface with clients.
- You have worked in an operational support role with after-hours on-call responsibilities
- You have ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and tools
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior Media & Entertainment / VFX experience
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include “Sr. Systems Administrator” in the subject