The Software Development Project Manager is part of the Pipeline department responsible for ensuring the projects undertaken by our highly talented Pipeline developers are delivered on time and to specification. Reporting to the Pipeline Supervisor, the Software Development Project Manager will produce product roadmaps, help manage the development cycles across multiple agile projects and be responsible for creating multifaceted reporting structures. The Software Development Project Manager helps formulate meticulous plans to ensure the Pipeline Department’s time and efforts are optimized to forge continuous deliveries across the software development and artist support functions. This role allows one to push the bar on their project management, communication and interpersonal skills while working hand in glove with world class talent who are producing award winning blockbusters at SpinVFX.
- To analyze, schedule using appropriate agile project management methodologies and deliver development projects while managing variable resources and competing priorities.
- Organize and facilitate a spectrum of Agile team formalities. Eg: Task planning and sizing, scrums, retrospectives, product demos, reporting and issue management.
- Help define thorough and acceptable user stories which fully represent our stakeholders needs.
- Employ problem solving skills to lead collaborative and dynamic planning processes to ensure tasks are prioritized and set up for continuous delivery.
- Promote the culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Confidently interact, visualize and report the current team’s progress along with anticipated resource projections to technical and business leadership.
- Ability to cut through dependencies for task enablement both within the department and with stakeholders.
- 3+ years experience as a Project Manager in a Software Engineering environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with technical leadership, developers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Great eye for detail on resource management and risk mitigation techniques.
- Practical knowledge of Agile Software Development Life Cycle.
- Proven experience in different project management styles, ticket management tools and reporting methodologies.
- Able to understand, interpret and clearly communicate agile reports and metrics including backlogs, burn down charts, team velocity, task definition and definition of done.
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban) certification.
- Experience setting up and maintaining Jira projects
- Experience in customer support or service delivery roles.
- Experience working with technical and multicultural teams and stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge of VFX/Animation pipelines and studio dynamics.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Software Development Project Manager” in the subject line.