As a Shot Finaling Artist, you will work closely with Supervisors and will be responsible for giving the final touches to the characters or creatures after the animation is done.
Fixing bad mesh deformations, refining anatomy, sculpting muscle movement (flexing/tension), sculpting cloth wrinkles, fixing mesh penetrations and occasionally refining match moves are some of the usual tasks.
*When there is no shot sculpt to be done, artists could fall into a secondary department for support. Like Creatures, Assets or CFX.
- Working closely with supervisors to finalize the shot, giving the final touches to the characters, creatures or cloth sim after animation or simulation is done
- Fixing penetration or geo crashing from simulations
- Sculpting hires dynamic wrinkle detail base on a specific concept or look
- Parallel blending or blending whole or portion of the animated geo to create the ideal result
- Sculpting dynamic anatomical details of characters in motion in given shots
- Finalize match move cache to match closely to the plate detail
- Work within assigned hours and deadlines.
- Keep up to date with internal tools, software and techniques.
- Helping out with another department during downtime
- Work closely with team members and leads to produce character or creature assets as required within our VFX pipeline.
- Establishing technique and workflow on finalizing a given shot.
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Advanced anatomy sculpting skills and understanding of how forms change with movement.
- Good cloth sculpting skills.
- Advanced Maya user. Blendshape editor, sculpting tools. And knowledge of parallel blending would be a plus.
- Advanced experience of shot sculpting with Mush3d or other equivalent software
- Advanced sculpting skill with Zbrush.
- A strong notion of timing. And Animation knowledge is a plus.
- Previous experience in VFX or Games.
- Previous experience in shot sculpt/match move.
- Previous experience in working closely with CG sup and establishing technique and workflow on finalizing a given shot.
- Experience in Mush3d shot sculpt is a plus.
- Houdini knowledge is a plus.
- Strong team spirit and positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.