The Senior USD Pipeline Developer is part of the Pipeline department responsible for developing and supporting tools for our next generation USD pipeline. By using proven software engineering principles – design, implement and manage tools that assist the digital artists with their daily use of both third party and in-house software and systems. These pipeline tools are intended to make CG production as efficient and productive as possible. Senior USD Pipeline Developer will work with the Lead Pipeline Developer for the USD project as well as the Pipeline Supervisor.
- 5+ years in feature animation or VFX production pipeline technology
- Strong understanding of production processes for film and television
- Proficient with one or more software APIs: Maya, Mari, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, Renderman, Tractor and Shotgun
- Experience with workflows based on Pixar’s USD scene description language
- Experience with design and development of Asset Management System (all or few components)
- Collaborate with department stakeholders to augment their workflows and toolsets to achieve specific goals of the project
- Ability to mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal. Ability to articulate both with technical and non-technical teams is preferred
- Proficient in Python 2.x/3.x and C++
- Past experience with implementation/modification of python APIs would be strongly desired
- Experience with implementing or working directly with databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB) would be beneficial
- Experience with PyQt or PySide
- Proficient in Linux shell bash scripting
- Prior experience with revision control systems such as Git or SVN
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering is strongly preferred
- Craft and update documentation for tools, techniques and workflows generated by the Pipeline department
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Senior USD Pipeline Developer” in the subject line.
SPIN VFX is committed to an inclusive and accessible workplace. We welcome all qualified individuals that reflect the talents and diversity of the community to apply. SPIN VFX offers accommodation for applicants throughout the recruitment process upon request.