** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
The Senior Pipeline Developer is part of the Pipeline department responsible for developing and supporting tools to accelerate efficient workflow in the production of high quality Visual Effects. By using proven software engineering principles – design, implement and manage tools that assist the digital artists with their daily use of both third party and in-house software and systems. These pipeline tools are intended to make CG production as efficient and productive as possible. Senior Pipeline Developer will work with peers and supervisors to craft state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and procedures to aid the execution of the current projects and advance the capabilities of SpinVFX’s production pipeline. The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, and production work.
- 5+ years in feature animation or VFX production pipeline technology
- Strong understanding of production processes for film and television
- Proficient with one or more software APIs: Maya, Mari, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, Renderman, Tractor and Shotgun
- Experience with design and development of Asset Management System (all or few components)
- Collaborate with department stakeholders to augment their workflows and toolsets to achieve specific goals of the project
- Proven ability to work with artists to troubleshoot and fix day-to-day production challenges
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with other developers, in a co-ordinated manner, on the same product
- Ability to mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal. Ability to articulate both with technical and non-technical teams is preferred
- Proficient in Python 2.x/3.x (C++ an asset)
- Past experience with implementation/modification of python APIs would be strongly desired
- Experience with implementing or working directly with databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB) would be beneficial
- Experience with workflows based on Pixar’s USD scene description language would be strongly desired
- Experience with PyQt or PySide
- Proficient in Linux shell bash scripting
- Prior experience with revision control systems such as Git or SVN
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering is strongly preferred
- Craft and update documentation for tools, techniques and workflows generated by the Pipeline department
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Pipeline Developer”.