SPIN VFX is seeking senior Lighting Artists to join our award winning creative team. Our primary focus is in live-action and photo-real production. We look for accomplished artists to work as part of our dynamic team. You are responsible for setting the final look as it relates to lighting, shading and rendering on high-profile episodic and feature work.
- Work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment
- Advanced understanding of lighting and shading processes
- Ability to work independently to complete work and manage delivery expectations. Maintaining best practices, lighting pipeline and workflow integrity.
- Demonstrate proactive involvement for continual improvements in skills and workflow. Effectively economize and manage renders while achieving required quality.
- Responsible for mentoring other digital artists in Lighting and Rendering
- Demonstrate effective listening and communication skills and sharing of knowledge.
- Demonstrate ability to monitor, control, prioritize and deliver tasks. Demonstrate effective time management, organization and production skills. Experience with shot & scope evaluation, providing everyone with clear and accurate estimates on objectives and task completion.
- 3-4 years of work experience in visual effects in feature film and television Strong balance between artistic and technical skill, with thorough understanding of vfx workflow
- Advanced understanding of physically plausible shading and rendering
- Assemble temp comps of the lighting passes in Nuke
- Knowledge of Katana and Renderman is considered a plus
- Look Dev & knowledge of shaders is considered a plus
- Demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role
Beneficial to have:
- Experience with Katana or Houdini
- Experience with Renderman
- SPIN VFX is committed to an inclusive and accessible workplace. We welcome all qualified individuals that reflect the talents and diversity of the community to apply. SPIN VFX offers accommodation for applicants throughout the recruitment process upon request.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Senior Lighter” in the subject line.