SPIN VFX, Toronto is seeking a full time Human Resources Manager to join our team. Our dynamic studio is made up of top VFX artists, producers and technical support staff that together create VFX magic for feature films and episodic production. You will provide hands-on general HR expertise, sourcing and recruitment, resource performance management, communications and administration. This role requires professional integrity and ability to support cross-functional departments with the creative, production and technical staffing objectives. This position reports to the President / Executive Producer.
- Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures, using and improving HR existing and recommended systems and processes.
- Maintain Employee and Workplace privacy.
- Set objectives for the HR team and track progress.
- Work with department supervisors to schedule and facilitate performance reviews and prepare any required evaluation documents for staff files and management awareness.
- Collaborate with the Production, Resource Scheduling, and Recruitment team to review and establish talent acquisition objectives and priorities.
- Manage and improve communication within (and between) the teams and departments and ensure it is smooth and work to identify and resolve the potential conflicts.
- Maintain and assist in revising Company Handbook on Policies and Procedures and implement the studio’s HR processes, policies, and guidelines.
- Organize learning and Development Programs.
- Manage organizational and company culture.
- Oversee the HR department ensuring the day-to-day onboarding, recruitment, and offboarding processes are up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision.
- Handle conflicts, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Support departments in the development and implementation of the strategic HR plans and ensuring they are aligning with the business goals.
- Process Exit interviews and communicate the important feedbacks with the management to suggest departmental improvements.
- Review job descriptions and coordinate with the HR team to manage job-posting processes.
- Participate in Supervisory and Producer role interviews and manage the selection process.
- Review the Employment Agreement letters and send the final copies along with other important documents to the new hires.
- Communicate information on new hires to the Payroll team and ensure a smooth onboarding process.
- Provide overall management, coaching and guidance to the HR Coordinators, and the Recruitment team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvements of recruitment practices.
- Attend weekly HR meetings and provide support to the Recruitment team for finalizing the reports prior to the meeting.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR Management experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Expertise in recruitment with emphasis on sourcing and engaging talent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VFX disciplines and roles is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of HRDC legislation, Canadian immigration regulations and hiring policies.
- Knowledge of compensation practices and other HR processes within the VFX industry.
- Ability to negotiate salaries and terms of offer, in line with established industry guidelines, standards and internal set parameters.
- Excellent written communication skills and exemplary phone and email etiquette.
- Effective leadership skills, organizational and administrative abilities.
- Ability to create and maintain a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Active listening skills and the ability to solve problems for employee relations
- Proficient with MS office suite.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing needs in a production environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Experience in leading interviews, candidate evaluations, Salary negotiations, and hiring recommendations.
- Experience in the development and implementation of HRIS (HR Information Systems) is considered an asset.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this posting should not be considered as all-inclusive. Additional functions or requirements may be assigned by management, as deemed appropriate.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume, and work/project samples to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line.