Spin VFX is looking to grow it’s Animation Department! Are you an experienced Animator looking for the next step in your career? Do you want to work on high profile feature films and television shows? Are you an accomplished artist looking to join an award-winning team? If so – let’s chat
- Work under the direction of the Animation Supervisor and Leads.
- Responsible for animating of a series of shots on a specific project.
- Creating movement of characters and creatures in service to the stories.
- Participate as a team member by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Keyframe animate cinematic performance of characters, creatures and vehicles.
- Clean up motion capture data and seamlessly add additional animation keyframe.
- Establish and maintain scene continuity across animated objects or characters
- Design full CG camera with cinematic performance.
- Listen to, and implement the creative vision of the Animation Director, Leads and VFX Supervisor.
- Operate and offer accurate timelines to support project deadlines.
- Evaluate and dissect rigs to offer feedback in order to accomplish the intended performance.
Our Successful Animators Have:
- Have 3 years or more of relevant professional VFX or animation experience creating convincing performance.
- Knowledge of Linux and thorough knowledge of Maya.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and find reference material to be used in the animation process.
- Maintain a clean working file.
- A strong ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- The ability to take direction and find creative solutions during the creative process.
- An understanding of the VFX and animation pipeline.
- Previs experience
- Experience working with motion capture in an animated production
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Senior Animator (3 months contract)” in the subject line.