Under the supervision of the Production team and supported by Systems, responsible for monitoring and optimizing the rendering processes on the render farm, to ensure established priorities are met. This is a great entry level position to gain experience in an award winning Visual Effects studio creating content for Film and TV.
- Ensuring that render jobs are properly prioritized in the queue system so that project goals are met while monitoring the render farm’s health and status on a regular basis.
- Maximizing the render farm’s resources
- Communicating with the Production and Systems team on outstanding issues, as well as overall render farm performance and efficiency.
- Assist in basic evening Systems support tasks and where required, documenting issues to provide to the Systems team for further escalation.
- Render Wrangler support is typically required after hours and on specific weekends depending on project demands.
- Understanding of the visual effects production process is beneficial.
- Knowledgeable with Linux / UNIX environments is a major plus.
- Experience with Maya, Katana and Nuke is beneficial
- Knowledge of a production management system such as Shotgrid is a plus;
- Knowledge of a render farm manager, such as Tractor or Qube, is a plus;
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
SPIN VFX is committed to an inclusive and accessible workplace. We welcome all qualified individuals that reflect the talents and diversity of the community to apply. SPIN VFX offers accommodation for applicants throughout the recruitment process upon request.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Render Wrangler” in the subject line.