The Python Pipeline Developer is part of the Pipeline department responsible for developing and supporting tools to accelerate efficient workflow in the production of high quality Visual Effects. By using proven software engineering principles – design, implement and manage tools that assist the digital artists with their daily use of both third party and in-house software and systems. These pipeline tools are intended to make CG production as efficient and productive as possible. Python Pipeline Developer will work with peers and supervisors to craft state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and procedures to aid the execution of the current projects and advance the capabilities of SpinVFX’s production pipeline. The role is suitable for a person with a computer science background, demonstrated ability coding in Python and an interest in working in visual effects.
- 1+ year experience coding in python
- Good understanding of production processes for film and television
- Proficient with one or more software APIs: Maya, Katana, Houdini or Nuke
- Experience with design and development of Pipeline or artist tools
- Ability to work with artists to troubleshoot and fix day-to-day production challenges
- Demonstrate being a team player
- Good communication skills both in written and verbal. Ability to articulate both with technical and non-technical teams is preferred
- Proficient in Python 2.x/3.x (C++ an asset)
- Past experience with implementation/modification of python APIs would be prefered
- Experience with implementing or working directly with databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB) would be beneficial
- Experience with PyQt or PySide
- Basic Linux shell bash scripting would be preferred
- Prior experience with revision control systems like Git
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering is strongly preferred
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume, and work/project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Pipeline Developer (Maya/Houdini/Katana)” in the subject line.