The Pipeline Developer – Nuke is part of the Pipeline department who will be working on enabling Nuke ecosystem based pipeline systems and workflows across all creative departments. This role is expected to handle production support and also deliver Nuke based pipeline development tasks. While Nuke is used across various functions at SpinVFX, Pipeline Developer – Nuke, will employ appropriate software development methodologies to automate templates, author Nuke plugins, gizmos and integrate pipeline frameworks in Nuke, ultimately accelerating efficiency for the artists. This role relies on close collaboration with Compositing and Pipeline Department Supervisors. The Pipeline Developer – Nuke will be key to the advancement of 2D pipeline by working hand in glove with world class talent who are churning award winning blockbusters at SpinVFX.
- Efficiently troubleshoot and automate any Nuke / 2D toolset related production challenges in a timely manner.
- Where appropriate, proactively investigate and deliver technical solutions to enhance artist’s workflows. Be able to bring the latest industry trends and context to the discussion table.
- A strong understanding and implementation of UX/UI best practices.
- Maintain and evolve the SpinVFX 2D pipeline tool set composed of Python, TCL, Blink, PySide UIs, Nuke Gizmos and C++ NDK plugins.
- Scope technical specifications, design, develop, document (developer and artist facing) Nuke related development tasks.
- Actively participate in the Pipeline department code review process.
- Continuously integrate pipeline frameworks into the Nuke ecosystem.
- Employ excellent communication skills to articulate technical and creative ideas across technical, artist and production teams. Strive to keep Compositing and Pipeline Supervisor abreast of all the challenges and progress in a timely manner.
- 3+ years experience as a Pipeline Developer within the Nuke software ecosystem.
- Good experience with Python, PySide/PyQt/QT, GIT.
- Accomplished experience at delivering Pipeline software integrations with Nuke.
- Practical knowledge of TDD and Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with technical leadership, developers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Good grasp of Animation/VFX pipeline workflows especially of the Compositing, Editing, DMP departments.
- A Degree in Computer Science or similar subject. Or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with USD, Nuke’s NDK, C++, Blink Scripting, TCL is highly regarded
- Prior experience with Shotgun API, Tractor API, Linux environment, color management systems like OCIO
- Basics of digital compositing
Familiarity of Image processing frameworks (GStreamer or FFmpeg or OpenCV)
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume, and work/project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Pipeline Developer – Nuke” in the subject line.