The Pipeline Developer – Maya is part of the Pipeline department who will be working on enabling Maya based pipeline systems and workflows across all creative departments. This role is expected to handle production support and also deliver Maya based pipeline development tasks. While Maya is used across various functions at SpinVFX, Pipeline Developer – Maya, will employ appropriate software development methodologies to automate workflows, author Maya plugins and integrate pipeline frameworks in Maya, ultimately accelerating efficiency for the artists. This role relies on close collaboration with multiple CG and Pipeline Department Supervisors. The Pipeline Developer – Maya will be key to the advancement of CG pipeline by working hand in glove with world class talent who are churning award winning blockbusters at SpinVFX.
- Efficiently troubleshoot and automate any Maya toolset related production challenges in a timely manner.
- Where appropriate, proactively investigate and deliver technical solutions to enhance artist’s workflows. Be able to bring the latest industry trends and context to the discussion table.
- A strong understanding and implementation of UX/UI best practices.
- Maintain and evolve the SpinVFX CG pipeline tool set composed of Python, PySide/PyQT UIs, Maya’s C++ and scripted plugins.
- Scope technical specifications, design, develop, document (developer and artist facing) Maya related development tasks.
- Actively participate in the Pipeline department code review process.
- Continuously integrate and upgrade pipeline frameworks to work with Maya.
- Employ excellent communication skills to articulate technical and creative ideas across technical, artist and production teams. Strive to keep Compositing and Pipeline Supervisor abreast of all the challenges and progress in a timely manner.
- 3+ years experience as a Pipeline Developer with Autodesk Maya software.
- Good experience with Python, PySide/PyQt/QT, GIT.
- Experience with Maya APIs (both C++ and Python) plugin authoring.
- Accomplished experience at delivering Pipeline software integrations with Maya.
- Practical knowledge of TDD and Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with technical leadership, developers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Good grasp of Animation/VFX pipeline workflows especially of the Model, Rigging, Animation, Layout departments.
- A Degree in Computer Science or similar subject. Or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with FBX, ABC, USD, Pymel, is highly regarded
- Prior experience with Shotgun API, Tractor API, Linux environment
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume, and work/project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Pipeline Developer – Maya” in the subject line.