Are you an experienced Matchmove/Tracking Artist? Have you spent time in the film industry and are looking to work with the best and brightest? If this sounds like you – let’s chat!
As the Matchmove/Tracking Artist, your primary focus will be to matchmove character motion, track objects and camera motion of a shot in a 3D software environment to match the live-action background plate images. In this role, you will spend your days:
- Matchmove characters/objects to match the action in the live action plates.
- Flags when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers
- Render track / matchmove over supplied plates for approval.
- Include proof of scale in virtual layout setup.
- Set up virtual camera from data sheets and track camera motion.
- Undistort/re-distort plates.
You must have:
- Experience with Maya, PF Track and/or 3DEqualizer.
- Visual effects experience in feature films and/or episodic production is desired.
- Understanding of character motion as it relates to depth in 3D space.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Great eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
- Takes direction well.
- Exercises attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both technically and creatively
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Matchmove/Tracking Artist” in the subject line.