Are you looking to break into the VFX industry? Do you have an attention to details? Have you spent time in the film industry and are looking to work with the best and brightest? If this sounds like you – let’s chat!
As Jr Matchmove/Animation Artist, your primary focus will be to matchmove character motion, track objects and camera motion of a shot in a 3D software environment to match the live-action background plate images. In this role, you will spend your days:
- Matchmove characters/objects to match the action in the live action plates.
- Flags when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers
- Render track / matchmove over supplied plates for approval.
- Include proof of scale in virtual layout setup.
- Set up virtual camera from data sheets and track camera motion.
- Undistort/re-distort plates.
You must have:
- Experience with Maya, PF Track and/or 3DEqualizer.
- Visual effects experience in feature films and/or episodic production is desired.
- Understanding of character motion as it relates to depth in 3D space.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Great eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
- Takes direction well.
- Exercises attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both technically and creatively
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Junior Animator/Matchmove Artist” in the subject line.