SPIN VFX is seeking environment artists to join our award winning creative team. You will create captivating and photorealistic environments of subject matter ranging from fantasy to urban. We look for accomplished artists to work as part of our dynamic team on high-profile episodic and feature work.
- Create environments that match concepts using Houdini Solaris to wrangle large data sets.
- Develop workflows and different techniques depending on the assets and art direction required.
- Creating new technical solutions to unique creative challenges is an ongoing task.
- You will work closely with the VFX Supervisors to ensure that environments meet planned concept design and client requirements.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and receive artistic and technical direction are required. A strong candidate offers a positive and proactive attitude and willingness to learn and contribute.
- Expert knowledge of Side Effects Houdini is essential. Solaris experience is a strong advantage.
- Working knowledge of Nuke required. Katana experience is a plus. A good understanding of USD structure and pipeline is a definite plus. Vex and Python knowledge are considered strong assets.
- Advanced experience with composition, lighting and colour is required. Knowledge of practical cinematic techniques including camera lenses and mise-en-scène is a plus.
- Keen understanding of the design and application of optimized 3D digital environment/asset setups is required. General knowledge of CG production from “polygon to pixel” is also helpful.
- You must be a graduate of a fine art or VFX program or demonstrate equivalent practical experience in film and series work. Portfolio / web site of work to be provided for evaluation.
- The successful candidate will possess an appreciation for storytelling and world building in visual mediums.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and link to portfolio to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Environment Artist” in the subject line.