SPIN VFX is seeking a Crowd supervisor to join our award winning creative team. The Crowd Supervisor is responsible for creating the motion of crowds in high-end visual effects films and television, including simulation for planning. Leading the team of artists and collaboratively working with other departments supervisors, pipeline, production.
- Supervise and develop the crowd team and pipeline
- Providing crowd artists with aesthetic and technical guidance and support to ensure the quality and schedules are met
- Building workflows, best practices and technical solutions for the team
- Create digital crowd behaviors and simulations to achieve the look, movement, and style envisioned by the Director & Production
- Collaborate With VFX, CG and Animation Supervisors in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline tools and techniques and problem solve issues in feature film development
- Communicate and provide production with schedules, deadlines and updated information regarding production support required.
- Troubleshoot and find solutions to technical challenges and execute them effectively
- Propose creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
- Mentor and train junior artists and generalists in the crowd pipeline.
- Work with our head of CG, department heads and the pipeline team ensure the continuous development of the crowd pipeline.
- 2-3 years of Supervisor or lead expense on feature films or TV.
- Houdini and/or Atoms, Maya, and Python
- Experience working with a USD based pipeline
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player who excels within a collaborative environment
Beneficial to Have:
- Experience crafting animation for use in crowds.
- Understanding of rigging requirements for crowd simulation and ragdolls.
- Knowledge and understanding of the lookdev process.
- Experience with Mocap Retargeting in Maya, MotionBuilder is a plus
- Experience with other crowd software packages is a plus
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume and demo reel to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Crowd Supervisor” in the subject line.