As Compositing Supervisor, you will be an integral part of the compositing team! Working closely with Head of Compositing, VFX Supervisors, Supervising Producers and Department Coordinators, you will spend your days:
- Leading the Creative Direction of a project within the Compositing Department
- Working in Tandem with Lead Compositors to develop the ‘creative look’ on key shots.
- Reviewing shots in a sequence to ensure technical and creative continuity prior to review with VFX Supervisor
- Attending dailies and translating creative and technical notes into specific direction for compositing artists
- Responsible for the technical aspects of all shows on their assigned show – Performing Quality Control checks prior to final send to Clients.
- Ensuring technical mastery of all shots within the Compositing Department
- Implementing efficient and effective solutions and developing creative and technical strategies to meet the needs of production
- Providing support and mentorship to all levels of the compositing team (Junior – Senior Artists)
- Communicating and delegating the needs of a sequence or project to the Compositing team
- Representing the voice of the Compositing team in respect to workload and pipeline environment
- Performing managerial tasks such as performance reviews and technical training as needed
- Attending Client calls when necessary
Required Experience (Must Have):
- 6+ years of related production experience with proven compositing leadership experience for feature film & Episodic Television
- 3+ years experience in a Lead role or 1+ Years experience in a Supervisory role.
- Extensive experience with VFX, photoreal compositing, tracking, grading, roto, prep, cleanup, standards, technical and software expertise, image formats, film and photographic principles
- Mastery of Nuke and the VFX Pipeline
- Ability to perform Blue Screen and Green Screen Extractions to the highest level of quality
- Experience in setting up and utilizing projections (2.5D) within a 3D environment
- Thorough experience in working with multipass CG Renders, and implementing proper Z-Depth
- A keen eye for technical detail.
- Ability to implement fast, effective solutions to shot-production challenges
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple jobs and responsibilities concurrently
- Calm and effective communication and leadership skills at all times
- Experience with Python considered an Asset
- Experience with Deep workflow considered an Asset
SPIN VFX is committed to an inclusive and accessible workplace. We welcome all qualified individuals that reflect the talents and diversity of the community to apply. SPIN VFX offers accommodation for applicants throughout the recruitment process upon request.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Compositing Supervisor” in the subject line.