** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
As Composting Production Manager, you will be responsible for managing and forecasting artists in the Compositing Department, collaborating with Show Producers and Production Managers to maintain established schedules and task assignments, and supporting department resource allocations. The ideal candidate offers a confident and approachable leadership style, solution-based problem solving, and proactive team management skills.
● Work in partnership with the Compositing Production Supervisor to address
issues, present strategies and establish solutions.
● Work with Compositing Coordinators to manage assignments and ensure tasks
are completed within the scheduled time.
● Work with Show Producers to determine weekly allocation of compositing
● Produce weekly resource forecasts to determine department overages and
shortfalls based on approved project bids.
● Review bid and scheduled time for artists across multiple projects.
● Attend weekly production meetings and provide progress updates.
● Assist with the scheduling, tasking, and tracking of deadlines across multiple
● Assist in managing weekly artist time logs and overtime requirements.
● Attend turn over meetings and launches to identify requirements and ensure all
information is distributed to the compositing team.
● Identify and communicate artist pressure points, bottlenecks, and timeline
● Work with show production and compositing leads to distribute task assignments
appropriately among artists.
● With the compositing leads, assess all new shots for roto/prep requirements, and
assign roto/prep tasks to artists.
● Facilitate effective communication between comp and other departments within
● Ensure Shotgun is kept up to date, and verify that status, scope, bid information
and due dates are accurate for all compositing and prep tasks.
● Determine task requirements and identify necessary material for successful task
● Ensure all compositing artists have a clear understanding of their task scope,
allocated time, and deadlines.
● Assist with the onboarding of new artists on the compositing team.
● Support department morale and culture.
● Production management and leadership experience for feature film visual effects.
● Proactive team management and positive work ethic.
● Ability to implement fast, effective solutions to production challenges.
● Experience in leading and training others.
● Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
● Ability to manage multiple jobs and responsibilities concurrently.
● Calm and effective communication and leadership skills at all times.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Compositing Production Manager”.