The Visual Effects Production Assistant (VFX PA) role is an entry-level position to introduce you to the visual effects pipeline. As a VFX PA you will be assigned to a production and responsible for client postings, outsource and various administrative functions as outlined below. You will be taking direction from the production team which would include the Visual Effects Producer, Production Manager or Coordinator. Our expectation would be to see you excel in these responsibilities with the hope that you will have fun, get to work with some very creative and talented individuals and move into a Visual Effects Coordinator role. The specific responsibilities are outlined below.
- Create and maintain all show calendar bookings and meetings
- Undertake client postings including editorial tickets, sending standardized emails, and submission of documents accompanying the posting.
- Create dailies and review playlists in Shotgrid
- Primary contact for outsource vendor(s) regarding feedback tracking and plate / annotations uploads
- Coordinate outsource ingests with vfx editorial and IO when applicable
- Prepare rounds agendas when required
- Maintenance of Shotgrid product and task statuses as directed by the Coordinator or Production Manager
- Assist in sending due today emails to the artists
- Support department morale and culture.
- Working experience with Shotgrid (project software) is considered an asset but not required
- Clear and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A professional and proactive attitude
- An ability to establish department morale
- Ability to problem solve and work in a high pace environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “VFX Production Assistant” in the subject line.