Do you have an exceptional eye for detail? If so – let’s chat!
As VFX Editor, you will be responsible for efficiently managing all incoming and outgoing media/deliverables and providing studio systems support. You will spend your days:
- maintaining sequence edits and inserting visual effects shots into the timeline
- managing and documenting the turnover of shots from editorial through to delivery including ingesting new media into pipeline
- ensuring Shotgun is maintained with current shot counts, lineup and any retime instructions
- ensuring that published shots conform to the current edit and perform basic QC checks
- preparing sequence edits for internal and client approvals
- performing shot retimes to match supplied editorial reference
- setting up work stations for current and new staff members (included physical desk moves and/or new desk builds)
- deploying and cabling computers, workstations, and monitors
- printer setup and support
- receiving merchandise and checking delivery slips
- repairing minor wall damage, replacing light bulbs, troubleshooting appliances
- providing floor support for the Systems team, including general upkeep of machines, monitors, desks, etc.
- managing outsource material and ingestion processes for integration into the pipeline
- overseeing debayering processes for proper integration onto the show floor
- liaising with team members for effective tracking of input and output through tracking processes
- generating marketing reels for website deployment
You must have:
- 5+ years of editing experience within the film and television industry
- expert knowledge of Nuke Studio
- experience with Linux/Windows/Mac co-environments, sharing data between platforms and managing permissions
- the ability to convert between key numbers, time-codes and frames
- excellent communication and multitasking skills
- an eye for detail and thorough understanding of techniques, file formats, colour-space, software and technology relating to the live action visual effects
- knowledge of Avid and DaVinci resolve is a plus
- some knowledge of Nuke, Shotgun and Tweak RV would be an asset as well
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “VFX Editor Atlanta” in the subject line.
SPINVFX is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Creative Resources if you require an accommodation.