** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
Are you an experienced Tracking Artist? Have you spent time in the film industry and are looking to work with the best and brightest? If this sounds like you – let’s chat!
As the Tracking Artist, your primary focus will be to recreate the sets, objects and camera motion of a shot in a 3D software environment to match the live-action background plate images.
YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAYS:
- Creating sets, proxy props and other models based on supplied set data and/or other available survey information
- Include proof of scale in virtual layout setup
- Set up virtual camera from data sheets and track camera motion
- Matchmove objects/characters to match the action in the live action plates
- Render track / matchmove over supplied plates for approval
- Undistort/re-distort plates
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Experience with Maya, PF Track and/or 3DEqualizer
- Visual effects experience in feature films and/or episodic production is desired
- On-set experience an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Dependable and flexible
- Takes direction well
- Exercises attention to detail
- Stereoscopic experience is an asset
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Tracking Artist” in the subject line.