Are you an experienced VFX Pipeline Supervisor looking for your next challenge? We are looking for a proven leader with excellent communication skills to join our team.
The Pipeline Supervisor leads the team designing, deploying and supporting the 300+ person studio pipeline. The Pipeline Supervisor will be the key architect of this system, working in conjunction with CG Supervisors, Leads and the rest of the development team. The Pipeline Supervisor reports directly to the CTO.
The Pipeline Supervisor will:
- Drive the design, implementation, maintenance and evolution of our Film and TV VFX pipeline.
- Lead a team of department TDs and Pipeline Developers; prioritizing tasks, specking tickets, performing code reviews and maintaining code repositories.
- Works with the other senior supervisors and technical leads to ensure that the pipeline meets the needs of the studio at large and diverges as little as possible while still meeting the needs of the individual projects.
- Acts as an escalation point for supervisors and production management to resolve pipeline and work-flow issues.
- Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the studio.
You must have:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Computer Graphics or equivalent Industry experience.
- Managed Team size of 10+
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience as a VFX Pipeline Supervisor.
- Experience managing Agile software teams.
- Experience with setting up and maintaining Jira software to continuously improve SDLC and project tracking workflows.
- Production experience with Maya, Katana, Houdini, Renderman and Nuke, familiarity with relevant APIs.
- Prior experience working with and developing with Shotgrid.
- Prior experience with Tractor.
- Prior development experience with Python in a production environment.
- Experience with cloud based micro services technology and prior experience with collaboration with IT teams.
- Cross site experience
- Production experience with USD (Universal Scene Description)
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Pipeline Supervisor” in the subject line.
"*" indicates required fields