** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
The Senior Pipeline Developer is part of a studio team responsible for developing and supporting tools to accelerate workflow in the production of high quality Visual Effects.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in feature animation or VFX production pipeline technology
- Proficient in Python 2.x/3.x (C++ an asset)
- Proficient with one or more software APIs: Maya, Mari, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, Arnold, Renderman, Tractor and Shotgun
- Strong understanding of production processes for film and television
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other developers, in a co-ordinated manner, on the
- Ability to mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Experience with implementing or working directly with databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB) would be beneficial
- Experience with Visual Effects Asset Management System design or development is a plus
- Experience with workflows based on Pixar’s USD scene description language would be an asset
- Experience with PyQt or PySide
- Proficient in Linux shell bash scripting
- Prior experience with revision control systems such as Git or SVN
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering is strongly preferred
To Apply for this position
- Submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website to: email@example.com
- Include position applying for in subject of email
- Clearly include your name, address, telephone and email address
- Indicate if you are eligible to work for any employer in Canada
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Preference is given to qualified Canadians citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada
SPINVFX is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Creative Resources if you require an accommodation.