The Show Production Manager (“PM”) supports the Show Producer in all duties on a project and reports into the Executive Producer. Working in conjunction with the Producer and VFX Supervisor, the Production Manager is responsible for managing artist schedules, daily tasks, and maintaining the project database in Shotgun.
The main responsibilities of a Show Production Manager includes, but is not limited to:
- Management of artist schedules, tasks and priorities
- Creation and distribution of shot delivery schedule
- Maintenance and distribution of internal and client reports
- Setting up and organizing the Shotgun project database
- Clear and concise communication of all project information to client, excluding budget
- Scheduling of artists
- Client liasing
- Shotgun and reporting
To be considered for a Show Production Manager, you must have/demonstrate:
- A minimum 2-5 years of experience within the VFX or film production industry.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of visual effects processes including asset development, layout, matte painting, animation, fx, lighting and compositing is considered an asset.
- Working experience with Shotgun or similar VFX tracking software is a must.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office package (including word, excel) is a requirement
- Working knowledge of Linux, Nuke and /or Filemaker Pro are considered assets.
- Conversant with visual effects terminologies and processes.
- Ability to liaise and collaborate with clients, artists and producers.
- Excellent scheduling and task management skills.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Production Manager” in the subject line.