** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
Are you a Production Billing Assistant with experience in a production setting? Do you want to work in a dynamic and creative environment? If so, let’s chat!
As the Production Billing Assistant, you will work under the direction of Production Management and Finance, and you will spend your days:
- Enter all invoices into the Accounting system accurately and in accordance with company policy/account codes.
- PO input – track, code & entry.
- Review bids and invoices to ensure correct use of excel formulas, mathematical accuracy and general compliance (e.g. sales tax, tax credits).
- Work closely and collaboratively with both Production and Finance teams.
- Track show budgets and schedules and update forecasts accordingly.
- Ensure cost reports are submitted timely and assigned to appropriate Productions.
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely cost reports, AR and forecasts.
- Responsible for all internal vendor set-up and invoice processing.
- Communicate effectively between production, clients, vendors, employees and finance.
- Adapt to changing scenarios, anticipate problems and recommend solutions.
- Ensure proper accounting of all costs, record keeping is accurate and well documented, vetting invoices against contracts and deliverables to provide appropriate billing reconciliations.
- Maintain filing and keep records of all financial documents.
- Assist with other special projects as required (for example: funding reconciliations, bank reconciliations, implementation of new procedures, etc.)
- Assist with a variety of tasks as required by Production demands.
- Various ad hoc analyses/reconciliations.
- Have a minimum of two years Netsuite or QuickBooks or comparable bookkeeping program experience
- Knowledge of standard Accounting and Financial practices (e.g. AP, AR)
- Masterful computing familiarity in Excel, Microsoft Office Programs, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced production environment
- Clearly and concisely communicate and collaborate with Production, problem solve using active listening and knowledge of the production process
- Must exhibit a positive attitude and the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Excellent written and verbal communication, Keen attention to detail, desire for accuracy and sense of urgency
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
If this sounds like you, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Production Billing Assistant” in the subject line.