** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
Are you an experienced VFX pipeline developer looking for your next challenge? We are looking for a proven leader with excellent communication skills to join our team.
The Pipeline Supervisor leads the team designing, deploying and supporting the studio pipeline. SpinVFX’s is in the planning phase of our next generation USD based vfx pipeline that needs to support a 250+ person studio. The Pipeline Supervisor will be the key architect of this system, working in conjunction with CG Supervisors, Leads and the rest of the development team. The Pipeline Supervisor reports directly to the CTO.
The Pipeline Supervisor will:
- Drive the design, implementation, maintenance and evolution of our film and tv VFX pipeline
- Lead a team of department TDs and Pipeline Developers; prioritizing tasks, specking tickets, performing code reviews and maintaining code repositories
- Works with the other senior supervisors and technical leads to ensure that the pipeline meets the needs of the studio at large and diverges as little as possible while still meeting the needs of the individual projects.
- Acts as an escalation point for supervisors and production management to resolve pipeline and work-flow issues.
- Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the studio.
You must have:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Computer Graphics or equivalent Industry experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in VFX production.
- Experience managing software, pipeline, and/or technology teams.
- Production experience with Maya, Katana, Houdini, Renderman and Nuke, familiarity with relevant APIs.
- Prior experience working with and developing with Shotgun or other production & asset management systems.
- Prior experience with Tractor or other render management software.
- Prior development experience with Python in a production environment.
- Production experience with USD would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you want to find out more please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Pipeline Supervisor” in the subject line.