** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
LOOK DEVELOPMENT ARTIST
As a Look Development Artist, you will be responsible for creating a variety of assets including characters, props, vehicles, and environments in preparation for lighting and compositing.
Daily you will work closely with our texture artists, modellers, and lighters while taking instruction from Creative Supervisors and collaborating with Compositing in order to complete an asset to it’s fullest potential. It is expected that you will grow towards meeting the quality standards set by your Creative Supervisor, provide personal artist nuance, manage your time responsibly, and participate as a collaborative team member upholding the positive culture and reputation of SpinVFX.
Your tasks will include:
- Apply shaders and DSO’s to create a photorealistic look for film / television series assets
- Apply procedural shading and scripting techniques
- Use physically plausible lighting and rendering techniques, including HDRI and Global Illumination
- Work in conjunction with lighting supervisor to ensure shots can be delivered to the very highest standard
- Engage in shot lighting as required during shot production phase to verify shading quality
- Ensure quality control of personal work being submitted to the next department
- Must have working knowledge of standard software such as Katana and Nuke; renders such as Renderman, Arnold and Mantra
- 2+ years of production experience in an established VFX facility
- Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies in both shading and lighting
- Some previous experience shading cloth, fur, feathers, and hard surfaces
- Good understanding of the entire VFX pipeline from modeling to texturing, UV’ing, lighting and rendering
- Experience to model in Maya or paint in Mari a plus
- Effective collaborator with fellow artist, Department Supervisors, CG Supervisors, and VFX Supervisors
- Supporting department moral and culture
- Manages notes from Supervisor’s and ensure they are addressed
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Look Development Artist” in the subject line.