Do you have an exceptional eye for detail? Are you an experienced IO/VFX Editor looking to work with an award winning team? If so – let’s chat!
As the IO/VFX Editor, you will work closely with Producers to manage all incoming media and outgoing deliverables. The IO/VFX Editor also has the ability to create a functioning environment where the Visual Effects Supervisor can evaluate any version of any shot in the current sequences, for aesthetic and technical direction.
You will spend your days:
- Maintaining sequence edits and inserting visual effects shots into the timeline
- Incorporating & checking all internal versions of visual effects shots into the current cuts of the VFX/live action sequences
- Managing and documenting the turnover of shots from offline Editorial through to DI delivery including ingesting new media into the VFX pipeline
- Ensuring Shotgun is maintained with current shot counts, frame ranges and any retime or repo instructions
- Ensuring that published shots conform to the current edit and perform Editorial QC checks involving colour, resolution and timing
- Preparing & exporting sequence edits for internal and client approvals
- Operate the screening room system for internal dailies and client reviews
- Performing shot-specific LUT setups to match colour of offline references
- Maintaining organized IO data transfers adhering to security & workflow protocols
- Cutting marketing reels for website deployment
You must have:
- 5+ years of editing experience within the film and television industry
- Proficiency in Nuke Studio and Shotgun
- Expert knowledge of DaVinci Resolve & Adobe Premiere
- Knowledge of Nuke, Avid, RV, Final Cut Pro, After Effects and/or Photoshop is a plus
- Experience with Linux/Mac/Windows co-environments, sharing data between platforms and managing permissions
- The ability to convert between key numbers, time-codes and frames
- An eye for detail and excellent written & verbal communication skills. Ability to understand IO/VFX Editorial terminology & communicate to Production.
- Thorough understanding of VFX Editorial techniques, file formats, colour-space, workflows, software and technology relating to the live action visual effects
- Proven accuracy and organizational experience
- Solid understanding of a VFX Pipeline
- Experience in colour spaces and colour conforming
- Understanding of OCIO in Nuke
- Understanding of the ACES colour workflow
- Knowledge of aspect ratios from a multitude of cameras. IE-RED/ARRI/SONY etc.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “IO/VFX Editor” in the subject line.