SPIN VFX, Toronto is seeking a full time HR Coordinator to join our award winning team. Our dynamic studio is made up of top VFX artists, producers and technical support staff that together create VFX magic for feature films and episodic production. You will provide hands-on HR expertise, sourcing and recruitment, resource performance management, communications and administration. This role requires professional integrity and ability to support cross-functional departments with the creative, production and technical staffing objectives.
Your direct report will be the Head of Human Resources.
Your tasks will include:
Human Resources Coordinator Responsibilities
- Post job advertisement
- Review job applications coming through Linkedin, Careers, Indeed, and any other sources
- Finalize job descriptions in concert with Department Head
- Actively search for potential candidates and reach out for availability to interview
- Schedule interviews with candidates and hiring managers
- Screen resumes and schedule interviews
- Collaborate with the Production Team to review and establish talent acquisition objectives and priorities.
- Provide accurate job descriptions and manage job-posting processes.
- Ensure job descriptions, candidate specifications, offers and compensation guidelines are agreed to.
- Review applicant CV’s and demo reels and review eligibility of candidates.
- Participate in interviews and manage selection process
- Provide Screening notes to the assigned managers/supervisors prior to the interviews
- Coordinate with Systems/Facilities teams for furniture/equipment deliveries for new hires working remotely
- Update company organizational Chart as per the new hires and exits
- Send onboarding emails upon accepting of an offer
- Prepare Employment Agreements
- Conduct New Hire Orientation for the new hires
- Communicate information on new hires to the Payroll Administration
- Welcome the new hires to the office and provide office tour
- Assist the Director of IT and Head of Human Resources with return to work studio tasks
- Facilitate appropriate relocation agreements if necessary
- Maintaining the Away emails and transferring to SPIN Calendar
- Provide follow-up communications to selected candidates
Performance Evaluation Support:
- Schedule performance review meetings for both the Head of Human resources and Department Managers and/or Supervisors
- Retrieve and assemble quarterly reports for upcoming performance reviews for the Head of Human resources
- Provide the following administrative support: meeting, scheduling, communication, assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports, department manuals, etc
- Calendar management for the probationary performance feedback
Company Culture Initiatives
- Provide leadership and expertise by recommending and implementing programs to enhance company culture and improve employee retention.
- Promote SPIN’s brand online
- establishing company’s core values
- celebrating our employees
- Increase employee engagement with SPIN social calendar to promote employee well-being
*Other duties may be assigned
You must have:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in human resources or office administration experience
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Excellent Multi-tasking skills
- Target driven and great attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and problem solve
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “HR Coordinator” in the subject line.