SPIN VFX is seeking a Crowd Artist to join our award winning creative team. The Crowd Artist is responsible for creating the motion of crowds in high-end visual effects films and television, including simulation for planning, and previs purposes.
- Create digital crowd behaviours and simulations to achieve the look, movement, and style envisioned by the Director & Production
- Collaborate and communicate with VFX/CG Supervisors and Producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline tools and techniques and problem solve issues in feature film development
- Establish on-going communication with artist, leads, production and supervisors regarding schedules, deadlines, and shot/sequence feedback; attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences and production
- Able to troubleshoot and find solutions to technical challenges and execute them effectively
- Propose creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
- 3-4 years of crowd/motion experience in live-action feature film or TV
- Houdini and/or Atoms, Maya, and Python (required)
- Rigging, animation, and lookdev experience are a plus
- Experience with Houdini Crowds, Atoms or other crowd software packages is a plus
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player who excels within a collaborative environment
Beneficial to Have
- Experience with Mocap Retargeting in Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini is a plus
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume and demo reel to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Crowd Artist” in the subject line.