As Compositing Supervisor, you will be an integral part of the compositing team! Working closely with Head of Compositing, VFX Supervisors, Supervising Producers and Department Coordinators, you will spend your days:
- Leading the Creative Direction of a project within the Compositing Department
- Working in Tandem with Lead Compositors to develop the ‘creative look’ on key shots.
- Reviewing shots in a sequence to ensure technical and creative continuity prior to review with VFX Supervisor
- Attending dailies and translating creative and technical notes into specific direction for compositing artists
- Responsible for the technical aspects of all shows on their assigned show – Performing Quality Control checks prior to final send to Clients.
- Ensuring technical mastery of all shots within the Compositing Department
- Implementing efficient and effective solutions and developing creative and technical strategies to meet the needs of production
- Providing support and mentorship to all levels of the compositing team (Junior – Senior Artists)
- Communicating and delegating the needs of a sequence or project to the Compositing team
- Representing the voice of the Compositing team in respect to workload and pipeline environment
- Performing managerial tasks such as performance reviews and technical training as needed
- Attending Client calls when necessary
Required Experience (Must Have):
- 6+ years of related production experience with proven compositing leadership experience for feature film & Episodic Television
- 3+ years experience in a Lead role or 1+ Years experience in a Supervisory role.
- Extensive experience with VFX, photoreal compositing, tracking, grading, roto, prep, cleanup, standards, technical and software expertise, image formats, film and photographic principles
- Mastery of Nuke and the VFX Pipeline
- Ability to perform Blue Screen and Green Screen Extractions to the highest level of quality
- Experience in setting up and utilizing projections (2.5D) within a 3D environment
- Thorough experience in working with multipass CG Renders, and implementing proper Z-Depth
- A keen eye for technical detail.
- Ability to implement fast, effective solutions to shot-production challenges
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple jobs and responsibilities concurrently
- Calm and effective communication and leadership skills at all times
- Experience with Python considered an Asset
- Experience with Deep workflow considered an Asset
If you think you have what it takes, We’d like to hear from you! Please send your Reel and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org