** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
The CG Supervisor is a key leader, overseeing the project through the production pipeline. The ideal candidate is a strong leader, excellent communicator and CG Generalist with a good eye for aesthetic. The CG Supervisor is responsible for determining the technical approach and the requirement s needed to achieve the desired look for specific project(s), as well as developing the pipeline and identifying processes and procedures to improve the work flow.
- Working closely with VFX Supervisor to interpret the creative vision, oversee every aspect of production, and plan a pragmatic way to deliver on that brief
- Assisting in all technical aspects of animation production including rigging, animation, lighting, and FX
- Designing and implementing the technical, artistic pipeline and workflow
- Designing and implementing tools used in the studio
- Training the team members and making sure the tools required for the project are up to the task
- Designing and supervising the creation of CG imagery
- Verifies technical solutions proposed by other crew members
- Keeping up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suits the production and SPINVFX in the development of a stronger creative technical environment
- Leading the Technical Directors (TDs) in solving problems the production faces on day-to-day basis
- Assisting and supervising the artist in achieving the artistic goals of the production
- Working with Creative Resources to define recruiting goals to achieve the appropriate balance of qualified artists.
- 5+ years of work experience as a supervisor in a film/TV post – production environment
- Thorough understating of the various technical and creative aspect of production for CG animation
- Must have a mature approach to software design and implementation
- Complete understanding of 3D principles and production pipelines is essential
- Proven team leadership and strong motivational skills
- Technically and creatively astute
- Able to effectively and collaboratively communicate with people at all levels (technical and non-technical stakeholders). A successful candidate will work transparently, not opaquely
- Excellent working knowledge of Katana, experience with RenderMan and/or Arnold is an asset
- As a go-to person, strong problems solving skills
- Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and positive morale generating style
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering is required
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “CG Supervisor” in the subject line.
SPINVFX is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Creative Resources if you require an accommodation.