** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
The CG Supervisor is a key leader, overseeing the project through the production pipeline. The ideal candidate is a strong leader, excellent communicator and CG Generalist with a good eye for aesthetic. The CG Supervisor is responsible for determining the technical approach and the requirement s needed to achieve the desired look for specific project(s), as well as developing the pipeline and identifying processes and procedures to improve the work flow.
- Working closely with VFX Supervisor to interpret the creative vision, oversee every aspect of production, and plan a pragmatic way to deliver on that brief
- Assisting in all technical aspects of animation production including rigging, animation, lighting, and FX
- Designing and implementing the technical, artistic pipeline and workflow
- Designing and implementing tools used in the studio
- Training the team members and making sure the tools required for the project are up to the task
- Designing and supervising the creation of CG imagery
- Verifies technical solutions proposed by other crew members
- Keeping up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suits the production and SPINVFX in the development of a stronger creative technical environment
- Leading the Technical Directors (TDs) in solving problems the production faces on day-to-day basis
- Assisting and supervising the artist in achieving the artistic goals of the production
- Working with Creative Resources to define recruiting goals to achieve the appropriate balance of qualified artists.
- 5+ years of work experience as a supervisor in a film/TV post – production environment
- Thorough understating of the various technical and creative aspect of production for CG animation
- Must have a mature approach to software design and implementation
- Complete understanding of 3D principles and production pipelines is essential
- Proven team leadership and strong motivational skills
- Technically and creatively astute
- Able to effectively and collaboratively communicate with people at all levels (technical and non-technical stakeholders). A successful candidate will work transparently, not opaquely
- Excellent working knowledge of Katana, experience with RenderMan and/or Arnold is an asset
- As a go-to person, strong problems solving skills
- Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and positive morale generating style
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering is required
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “CG Supervisor” in the subject line.