** Please note that due to COVID 19, all SPIN staff will be on-boarded remotely and asked to work from home.
Are you an experienced CFX artist? Are you looking to take on your next role? Are you looking to work with the industry’s best and brightest? If so – let’s chat!
Working as part of the CG department, you will spend your days:
- grooming hair, fur, feathers, and organic elements using Yeti and Katana.
- painting maps, modeling hair curves, modifying shaders, and optimizing groom to find render efficiencies.
- attending daily progress reviews to obtain feedback from supervisors.
- delivering work on time, according to agreed schedules and specifications.
- defining, documenting, and communicating best practices and techniques for fur/hair development.
You must have:
- experience using Yeti, Katana and Houdini
- knowledge of Marvelous Designer and nCloth.
- solid understanding of production pipelines.
- good communication skills to enable you to liaise between team members and other departments.
- ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- good understanding of linux/unix-based operating systems.
In addition, the following requirements are considered nice-to-have as well:
- experience using Mari, Renderman, and/or Arnold.
- knowledge of XGen and other fur tools.
- a traditional arts background with emphasis on photo-realistic character work.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “CFX” in the subject line.
SPINVFX is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Creative Resources if you require an accommodation.