Are you a Senior 3D Modeling and Texture Artist? Do you have a creative eye? Join our award winning team today!
As the Senior 3D Modeling and Texture Artist, you will create organic and hard surface models and photo-realistic textures of subjects ranging from fantasy to urban. We look for accomplished artists to work as part of our dynamic creative team on high-profile feature film and episodic work.
You will spend your days:
- working closely with the assets, shading and lighting artists
- working with an emphasis on the aesthetics and techniques of photo-realistic effects
- creating photo-real texture and relevant maps
- developing and managing textures for production pipeline
- managing the quality of 3D models and textures for production use in high and low res format
- working in partnership with Lighters and Compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
- establishing suitable working techniques for the members of your team and work in conjunction with the production team (Asset Supervisor, Producers, VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor) to establish schedules and technical requirements
You must have:
- a minimum of 5+ years VFX experience working on feature films and/or television series
- strong artistic skills
- senior level experience using Autodesk Maya, Mari, Z-Brush, Mudbox, Photoshop
- senior level experience with Maya texturing methodologies
- layout/texture experience
- photo realistic painter/sculptor experience
- proven 3D modeling expertise in both hard surface and organic matter
- ability to accurately evaluate scope and time requirements
- effective leadership skills and you enjoy collaborations and mentoring others
- a traditional arts background with emphasis on photo-realistic character work and environments
- working knowledge of multi-pass rendering, lighting, match-moving and NURBS modeling
- a strong understanding of real world materials is essential and must be demonstrated in the work on your reel
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “3D Modeling and Texture Artist” in the subject line.