Are you a 3D Modeling and Texture Artist? Do you have a creative eye? Join our award winning team today!
As the 3D Modeling and Texture Artist, you will create organic and hard surface models and photo-realistic textures of subjects ranging from fantasy to urban. We look for accomplished artists to work as part of our dynamic creative team on high-profile feature film and episodic work.
You will spend your days:
- Generate hard surface models with photo-real textures of assets ranging from fantasy to urban.
- Work closely with the assets, shading, and lighting artists to secure successful handoff to downstream departments.
- Work with an emphasis on aesthetics and techniques to accomplish a photoreal look.
- Create photo-real texture, maps, and look files for lighting.
- Develop and manage textures and look for the production pipelines.
- Manage the quality of 3D models and textures for production use for the hero, high res assets.
- Work in partnership with Lighters and Compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
- Establish suitable working techniques for the members of your team and work in conjunction with the production team to establish schedules and technical requirements.
- Help facilitate and mentor model/lookdev artists to secure successful handoff to lighting.
- Apply procedural textures and shaders, working to establish look development in Katana; successfully transition modeled (Maya) and texture (Mari, Substance) assets into look development (Katana) and handoff to lighting.
- Use physically plausible lighting and rendering techniques.
You must have:
- a minimum of 1-3 years VFX experience working on feature films and/or television series
- strong artistic skills
- experience using Maya, Mari, Z-Brush, substance painter, substance designer
- photo realistic texture painting and sculpting experience
- proven 3D modeling expertise in both hard surface and organic matter
- ability to accurately evaluate scope and time requirements
- a traditional arts background with emphasis on photo-realistic character work and environments
- working knowledge of multi-pass rendering, lighting, match-moving and NURBS modeling
- a strong understanding of real world materials is essential and must be demonstrated in the work on your reel
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “3D Modeling and Texture Artist” in the subject line.