Are you an experienced pipeline developer looking for your next challenge? Are you a strong collaborator with excellent technical skills? If so – let’s chat!
As the Senior Pipeline Developer, you will be a key member of our growing Pipeline team. You will spend your days
- designing, developing, testing, and maintaining VFX production pipeline custom software tools and components. The pipeline supports large environments, complex fx simulation and our rapidly growing creature department.
- reporting to the Pipeline Lead but working closely with the CTO, Pipeline Architect, CG Supervisors, and other leads/supervisors to help engineer solutions (tools and workflow) for pipeline enhancements and fixes
- investigating bugs/issues with existing tools, while designing and implementing fixes and features as needed
- mentoring and providing guidance to junior members of the team
- assisting in production floor support
- working directly with artists to investigate and address urgent issues related to custom pipeline tools
You must have:
- 3+ years of experience in feature animation or VFX production pipeline technology
- a Computer Science Degree (or equivalent), or 5+ years experience in production pipeline technology work
- proficiency in Python
- proficiency in Linux shell scripting, specifically bash scripting
- proficiency using one or more industry-specific vendor software applications: Maya, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, etc.
- proficiency with one or more vendor Scripting APIs: MEL / Maya Python, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, etc.
- proficiency with writing Shotgun Python API scripts, as well as managing Shotgun site configurations and Shotgun projects using the Shotgun web UI
- proficiency working with one or more renderers (e.g. Renderman, Mantra, Arnold, etc.), and experience with renderer specific file formats (e.g. .rib files, “.ass” files)
- a strong understanding of production processes and artist workflows within film and television visual effects pipelines
The following are also considered nice-to-have:
- experience in software development using one or more C-style programming languages
- experience in writing compiled vendor application plugins or extensions
- experience writing renderer specific shaders
- proficiency working with one or more render queue managers (e.g. Deadline, Qube, Tractor, etc.), and experience with writing custom render job submissions
- experience with workflows based on Pixar’s USD scene description language
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Senior Pipeline Developer” in the subject line.
SPINVFX is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Creative Resources if you require an accommodation.